Herb Focaccia Bread Recipe
This well-seasoned yeast bread adds an attractive accent to any Italian meal...and the aroma while it's baking is scrumptious. The wedges also go great with soup, stew or chili.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in the warm water, egg and 2 tablespoons oil; beat for 2 minutes or until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to grease top. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 3. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to two 12-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray. Using fingertips, make indentations 1 in. apart on dough; cover.
- 4. In a small skillet, saute the onion, rosemary and thyme in the remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Spread evenly on dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 bread loaves (10 wedges each).
One wedge equals 104 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Herb Focaccia Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC