- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in the warm water, egg and 2 tablespoons oil; beat for 2 minutes or until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to grease top. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to two 12-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray. Using fingertips, make indentations 1 in. apart on dough; cover.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, rosemary and thyme in the remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Spread evenly on dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 bread loaves (10 wedges each).
Originally published as Herb Focaccia Bread in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p27
Reviews for Herb Focaccia Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review