Combining different types of herbs not only gives this speedy fish depth of flavor, but it also results in a beautiful dish. Yvonne Nemec of Phillipsburg, New Jersey relates, “this is such an easy dish and so delicious. The herbs compliment the delicate flavor of the fish. We love it!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound whitefish or sole fillets
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, butter and garlic.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until onion is
- partially cooked. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, tarragon
- and thyme.
- Arrange fillets in a greased 2-qt. round microwave-safe dish. Top
- with half of the butter mixture. Stir bread crumbs into the
- remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over fillets.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium,