- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound whitefish or sole fillets
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, butter and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until onion is partially cooked. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, tarragon and thyme.
- Arrange fillets in a greased 2-qt. round microwave-safe dish. Top with half of the butter mixture. Stir bread crumbs into the remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over fillets.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herb Fish
Sort By :
"Can all of this be baked and/or fried or broiled? If so, what steps must b e taken?"
"The thought of microwaved fish does not appeal to me, so I sauted the fish on the stove. I otherwise followed the recipe using talapia fillets. This is a very easy dish that is flavorful and has good texture. It also looks great; company would be impressed. I will surely make this again."