Herb Fish Fillets Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound whitefish or sole fillets
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, butter and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until onion is partially cooked. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, tarragon and thyme.
- 2. Arrange fillets in a greased 2-qt. round microwave-safe dish. Top with half of the butter mixture. Stir bread crumbs into the remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over fillets.
- 3. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces (prepared with reduced-fat butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt) equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.