- For dumplings, in a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder,
- salt, celery seed and sage. Cut in shortening until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto simmering soup mixture; sprinkle with
- parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Cover and simmer 15
- minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out
- clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer