- salt, celery seed and sage. Cut in shortening until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto simmering soup mixture; sprinkle with
- parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Cover and simmer 15
- minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out
- clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now