Herb-Dressed Asparagus Orange Salad Recipe
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon, divided
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings.
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, oil and vinegar. Stir in 3 tablespoons basil and 1 tablespoon tarragon. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place asparagus in a large skillet. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain.
- Place three asparagus spears on an individual serving plate. Top with 1-1/2 cups salad greens. Drizzle with 2 tablespoon of dressing. arrange oranges and onions over salad greens. Sprinkle with remaining basil and tarragon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Herb-Dressed Asparagus Orange Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p47
Reviews for Herb-Dressed Asparagus Orange Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review