Brighten up your spring meals with this fabulously fresh and easy side dish. Vibrant green peas and bold red cherry tomatoes are tossed in a mouthwatering bread crumb and herb mixture before being baked and topped with fresh chives.
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 pound fresh peas, shelled (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add peas; cover and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place peas and tomatoes in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, oil, thyme, oregano, salt and mustard; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herb-Crusted Tomatoes & Sweet Peas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p143
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Tomatoes & Sweet Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review