Herb-Crusted Sweet Onion Rings Recipe
“These are the ultimate onion rings! Lightly battered and seasoned with herbs and Dijon mustard, these cook up to be crisp and golden brown.” Denise Patterson - Bainbridge, Ohio
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large sweet onions
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Cut onions into 1/4-in. slices and separate into rings. Dip in flour mixture.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry onion rings, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 215 calories, 15 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Sweet Onion Rings
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC