Herb-Crusted Red Snapper Recipe
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 red snapper fillets (5 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until fennel is finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; dip fillets in herb mixture, coating both sides.
- 2. In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, cook fillets in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet equals 200 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Red Snapper
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.