An appetizing blend of herbs complements the mild flavor of these flaky fillets from field editor Nella Parker of Hersey, Michigan. Red pepper flakes give the entree its zip.
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 red snapper fillets (5 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until fennel is finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; dip fillets in herb mixture, coating both sides.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, cook fillets in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herb-Crusted Red Snapper in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Red Snapper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review