Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb
For those who enjoy a main course of lamb, here's a quick and delicious treatment for it. The easy preparation gives me the extra time I need to focus on other menu items.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 frenched racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs,
- parsley, thyme and garlic. Add oil and toss; set aside. Sprinkle
- lamb with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat on both
- sides. Brush mustard over top of meat, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place racks in a shallow baking pan side by side with bones
- interlaced resting against each other. Bake 30-40 minutes or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or