Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 2 frenched racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, optional
- 1. Sprinkle lamb with steak seasoning. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook lamb in oil for 2 minutes on each side. Brush with mustard.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the panko, thyme, mint, Worcestershire sauce and rosemary; press onto lamb. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from the heat. Stir in the broth, honey, remaining butter and chives if desired.
- 4. Remove lamb from oven and loosely cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup sauce).
1/2 rack with 1/4 cup sauce equals 532 calories, 39 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.