Herb-Crusted Prime Rib Recipe
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil, pepper and salt; cover and process until blended. Rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth and wine to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat; stir in butter and salt. Slice roast; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 338 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Prime Rib
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.