Herb-Crusted Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon-herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ground mustard, herb seasoning, salt and pepper; rub over roast. In a large skillet, brown roast in 2 tablespoons oil. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush top with Dijon mustard. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic and remaining oil; press onto roast.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Place on a warm serving platter. Let meat stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Stir wine into roasting pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half. Serve with roast. Yield: 14 servings.
3 ounces equals 263 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Pork Roast
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.