Herb-Crusted Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon-herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the ground mustard, herb seasoning, salt and pepper; rub over roast. In a large skillet, brown roast in 2 tablespoons oil. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush top with Dijon mustard. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic and remaining oil; press onto roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Place on a warm serving platter. Let meat stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Stir wine into roasting pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half. Serve with roast. Yield: 14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Pork Roast(1)
Sort By :
This crusted pork loin is truly delicious. To perfect the recipe, I add 1 egg york and 1 teaspoon of milk powder into the marinating mixture. It will improve the adhesiveness of the crust and wonâ€™t fall apart easily as we slicing it. This tongs is useful for turning the pork.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >