Herb-Crusted Perch Fillets with Pea Puree Recipe
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 8 perch fillets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Lemon wedges
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the peas, broth and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until peas are tender; cool slightly. Drain peas and garlic; transfer to a food processor. Add cream and 2 tablespoons oil. Cover and process until pureed; set aside.
- 2. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, basil, dill and thyme. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Dip perch, skin side up, in the flour, egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook fillets in remaining oil in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with pea puree and lemon wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
4 fillets with 1/4 cup pea puree equals 760 calories, 56 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Perch Fillets with Pea Puree
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.