Herb-Crusted Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 boneless beef chuck or top blade roast(about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Rub over entire roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender and reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with the roast. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 394 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.