Herb-Crusted Bread Recipe
- 5 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1/4 cup rye flour
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, dill weed and poppy seeds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon each coarse salt, dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, dill weed and poppy seeds
- In a blender, process oats until finely ground. In bread machine pan, place the oats, water, sugar, oil, salt, flours, yeast and seasonings in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a loaf, about 15 in. long. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Carefully brush dough with egg, sprinkle with salt, onion, garlic, dill and poppy seeds. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Bread(2)
Sort By :
Of course I would give it 5 stars, it's my recipe. But, they altered my recipe when they published it. For oats you are supposed to use 1/4 c oat flour. I use my kitchen aid stand mixer for the bread. My loaves come out nicer looking than the pic. I put the yeast and sugar in the water first and let it sit 5 minutes. This is new. I do this to be sure the yeast is good and active. I hope you try this recipe. It is very good.
The flavor is amazing! I didn't have a bread machine. I don't think my bread raised properly.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >