Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 1. Rub tenderloin with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides. Transfer to a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2. Combine mustard, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme, 2 tablespoons rosemary and remaining oil; brush over roast.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with remaining herbs before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef: 323 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.