We enjoy easy-to-prepare entrees using fresh herbs, and often serve this tenderloin with steamed veggies. This one smells amazing in the kitchen and would be simple to serve guests. —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- Rub tenderloin with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides. Transfer to a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine mustard, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme, 2 tablespoons rosemary and remaining oil; brush over roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with remaining herbs before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p24
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review