Herb Crab Quiche Recipe
Rich and elegant, this party-pretty quiche is flecked with minced parsley, chives and cilantro. It’s ideal for a weekend brunch, but would also be wonderful as a late-night supper. —Lori Wardoclip, Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh chives, optional
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, chives, cilantro, parsley, salt, seafood seasoning, pepper and nutmeg; stir in the crabmeat and cheeses. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fresh chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 582 calories, 48 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 300 mg cholesterol, 639 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Herb Crab Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC