- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh chives, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, chives, cilantro, parsley, salt, seafood seasoning, pepper and nutmeg; stir in the crabmeat and cheeses. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fresh chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crab Quiche in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p67
Reviews for Herb Crab Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2014
"This was terrific and garnered a lot if praise. I made a few alterations: used a blend of Swiss and Gruyere, added fresh tarragon and thyme with the other herbs in the recipe and used crab claw meat this is going in my favorites"