Herb-Coated Cod Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1. Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the crackers, cheese and seasonings. Dip fillets in butter, then coat with crumbs.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 274 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Coated Cod
"I thought this recipe was a bit bland. Would try it again but maybe add some additional seasonings to it to give it a bit more flavor."
"This was great! Best I've ever made!"
"Great flavor added to the fish with these herbs. My whole family loves it...even the fussy one!"
"This is a keeper. Flavorful and the right amount of crispness. I would use this for dinner a with guests."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.