Herb-Cheese Yeast Bread Recipe
"for a variation, try other cheeses such as shredded cheddar or a blend of cheddar, Swiss and Co-Jack," suggests Linda Lundmark of Martinton, Illinois.
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3. Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the cheeses. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 slice: 141 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Herb-Cheese Yeast Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC