Herb-Cheese Yeast Bread Recipe
"for a variation, try other cheeses such as shredded cheddar or a blend of cheddar, Swiss and Co-Jack," suggests Linda Lundmark of Martinton, Illinois.
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the cheeses. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Originally published as Herb-Cheese Yeast Bread in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p49
Reviews for Herb-Cheese Yeast Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review