Herb Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh basil, parsley and chives
- 1/2 teaspoon each chopped fresh oregano, dill and garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted crackers or bread
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, herbs and salt until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve on crackers or bread. Yield: 1 cup.
One serving (2 tablespoons cheese spread, calculated without crackers) equals 41 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.