"I have a friend who runs a greenhouse and holds a spring tea showcasing herbs and recipes that use them," says Josie Smith of Winamac, Indiana. "This cheese spread is a favorite." Josie spreads the herbed on assorted crackers and breads to make a crowd-pleasing appetizer
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh basil, parsley and chives
- 1/2 teaspoon each chopped fresh oregano, dill and garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted crackers or bread
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, herbs and salt until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve on crackers or bread. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Herb Cheese Spread in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p11
Reviews for Herb Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review