A flavorful combination of herbs makes this cheese-topped loaf a welcome addition to most any menu. In fact, we couldn't believe how light the buttery slices were when compared to frozen breads found in the grocery store. —Test Kitchen
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in margarine for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the seasonings. Brush over cut sides of French bread; sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap each piece of bread loosely in a large piece of heavy-duty foil; seal edges of foil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut each piece into six slices. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Herb Cheese Bread in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p29
Reviews for Herb Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review