Herb-Buttered Green Beans
Dishes don't have to be elaborate in order to be delicious. Rosemary, basil, oregano and parsley season green beans for a simple, yet special, dinner accompaniment.Tamara Trouten, Fort Wayne, Indiana
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a Dutch oven over 1 in. of
- water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, sesame seeds,
- garlic and seasonings in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the
- beans; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 112 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.