Herb-Buttered Green Beans Recipe
Dishes don't have to be elaborate in order to be delicious. Rosemary, basil, oregano and parsley season green beans for a simple, yet special, dinner accompaniment.—Tamara Trouten, Fort Wayne, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, sesame seeds, garlic and seasonings in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the beans; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 112 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC