Dishes don't have to be elaborate in order to be delicious. Rosemary, basil, oregano and parsley season green beans for a simple, yet special, dinner accompaniment.—Tamara Trouten, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Recommended: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, sesame seeds, garlic and seasonings in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the beans; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Herb-Buttered Green Beans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p36
Reviews for Herb-Buttered Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review