Herb-Buttered Baby Carrots Recipe
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place carrots in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a microwave, melt butter; stir in garlic and herbs. Toss with carrots.
- 2. Bake, covered, until carrots are tender, 50-60 minutes, stirring once. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 143 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Herb-Buttered Baby Carrots
"Delicious! This is going to be a holiday go to in my house from now on!"
"Next time I'm going to try using less butter, as the carrots seemed overly-buttery to my family. But overall, they had a nice flavor and the cooking times are perfect if you like your carrots al dente."