Herb-Buttered Baby Carrots
The herb butter can be used for everything from vegetables to roast chicken, turkey, game henslet your imagination be your guide.Sandra Corey, Caldwell, Idaho
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, marjoram and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, trimmed
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, garlic and herbs. Add carrots
- and stir until coated. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until tender,
- stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 162 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.