Herb Burgers Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Mayonnaise, lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes and red onion
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes and onion. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 408 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Herb Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.