- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Mayonnaise, lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes and red onion
- In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes and onion. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Herb Burgers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p206
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herb Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
"Awesome flavor, We have made this several times, Don't last long and seldom any leftovers."
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2011
"Great for our cookout!~ Theresa"