Herb Breakfast Frittata Recipe
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove onion and keep warm. Arrange potato in a single layer over bottom of pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, seasonings and onion; pour over potatoes. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- 3. Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wedge: 204 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 321mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Herb Breakfast Frittata
"This recipe turned out beautifully, but my husband thought it was missing something, and that something was bacon. He suggested we sprinkle a little crumbled bacon on top along with the cheese. I will definitely be making this again!"
"I made this for breakfast and both my husband and I loved it! I've made it at least twice since then and will continue to make it frequently. I love the onions and the potato base."