- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove onion and keep warm. Arrange potato in a single layer over bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, seasonings and onion; pour over potatoes. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Herb Breakfast Frittata
Sort By :
This recipe turned out beautifully, but my husband thought it was missing something, and that something was bacon. He suggested we sprinkle a little crumbled bacon on top along with the cheese. I will definitely be making this again!
I made this for breakfast and both my husband and I loved it! I've made it at least twice since then and will continue to make it frequently. I love the onions and the potato base.
Excellent for breakfast. Also good for a light lunch or dinner served with a salad. I added spinach, but you could add any other vegetable. Enjoy!