- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove onion and keep warm. Arrange potato in a single layer over bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, seasonings and onion; pour over potatoes. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Herb Breakfast Frittata
"I made this frittata for our breakfast along with cheddar bacon biscuits and fresh fruit cups and everyone in the family loved it. Delicious, Quick and Easy!"
"This recipe turned out beautifully, but my husband thought it was missing something, and that something was bacon. He suggested we sprinkle a little crumbled bacon on top along with the cheese. I will definitely be making this again!"
"I made this for breakfast and both my husband and I loved it! I've made it at least twice since then and will continue to make it frequently. I love the onions and the potato base."