I came up with this recipe on a snowy day by using what I had in the fridge. Yukon Gold potatoes give this frittata a comforting bottom crust. —Katherine Hansen, Brunswick, Maine
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove onion and keep warm. Arrange potato in a single layer over bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, seasonings and onion; pour over potatoes. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herb Breakfast Frittata in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p34
Reviews for Herb Breakfast Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review