Herb Bread comes from Debbie Carlson of San Diego, California. "This bread is especially nice for a no-fuss meal," remarks Debbie, who go the favorite family recipe from her mother.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf sourdough or French bread, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread on one
- side of each bread slice; wrap loaf in foil. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.