Herb-Beer Bread Mix Recipe
The beer flavor really comes through in this savory loaf. For an added gift, give the mix in a basket alongside the bottle of beer needed to prepare the recipe. —Redawna Kalynchuk, Sexsmith, Alberta
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 1-qt. glass jar. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 3 cups).
- 2. To prepare bread: Transfer bread mix to a large bowl. Stir in beer just until moistened. Spoon into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush with butter. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 98 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Herb-Beer Bread Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC