The beer flavor really comes through in this savory loaf. For an added gift, give the mix in a basket alongside the bottle of beer needed to prepare the recipe. —Redawna Kalynchuk, Sexsmith, Alberta
Featured In: 26 Favorite Camping Recipes
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 1-qt. glass jar. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 3 cups).
- To prepare bread: Transfer bread mix to a large bowl. Stir in beer just until moistened. Spoon into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush with butter. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Herb-Beer Bread Mix in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p59
Reviews for Herb-Beer Bread Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2014
"This recipee saved the day. I ran out of bread and didn't have time for a trip to the store before making my husbands lunch. It was a hit!"