Herb-Beer Bread Mix Recipe
The beer flavor really comes through in this savory loaf. For an added gift, give the mix in a basket alongside the bottle of beer needed to prepare the recipe. —Redawna Kalynchuk, Sexsmith, Alberta
- 2-2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 1-qt. glass jar. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 3 cups).
- To prepare bread: Transfer bread mix to a large bowl. Stir in beer just until moistened. Spoon into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush with butter. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Herb-Beer Bread Mix in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p59
Reviews for Herb-Beer Bread Mix(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2014
This bread is moist and flavorful, as well as simple to make. I wouldn't change a thing. I made it go with Cheeseburger Soup for supper, and they went really well together.