Herb Beef Burgers Recipe
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh oregano, thyme, basil and parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato, lettuce leaves and sliced onion, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, chilies, olives, onion, garlic, chili powder, mustard, herbs and lemon peel. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with tomato, lettuce and onion if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 395 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Herb Beef Burgers
"I wanted to make them more of a meatloaf consistency, so I added an egg to the mixture and made it into more oval shaped patties. I got 6 nice sized patties out of the mixture. Way too cold to grill, so I pan fried them. I served them with some mashed potatoes that I added light sour cream, a little butter, and parm cheese."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.