These moist, tender burgers are great at any summer picnic. You can prepare the patties ahead of time and keep them covered in the fridge until ready to grill.
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh oregano, thyme, basil and parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato, lettuce leaves and sliced onion, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, chilies, olives, onion, garlic, chili powder, mustard, herbs and lemon peel. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with tomato, lettuce and onion if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herb Beef Burgers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p224
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herb Beef Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review