Herb Beef Burgers Recipe
These moist, tender burgers are great at any summer picnic. You can prepare the patties ahead of time and keep them covered in the fridge until ready to grill.
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh oregano, thyme, basil and parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato, lettuce leaves and sliced onion, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, chilies, olives, onion, garlic, chili powder, mustard, herbs and lemon peel. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with tomato, lettuce and onion if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herb Beef Burgers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p224
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herb Beef Burgers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review