- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh oregano, thyme, basil and parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato, lettuce leaves and sliced onion, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, chilies, olives, onion, garlic, chili powder, mustard, herbs and lemon peel. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with tomato, lettuce and onion if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herb Beef Burgers
"I wanted to make them more of a meatloaf consistency, so I added an egg to the mixture and made it into more oval shaped patties. I got 6 nice sized patties out of the mixture. Way too cold to grill, so I pan fried them. I served them with some mashed potatoes that I added light sour cream, a little butter, and parm cheese."