Mom served these muffins instead of bread or buns. Now I make them to serve with soup or chili. — Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cheese and tomatoes.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Herb & Sun-Dried Tomato Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews for Herb & Sun-Dried Tomato Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2013
"easy and delicious. So moist."
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"Easy to make. The flavor is decent. The texture is ok."