- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups roasted sweet red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Roasted sweet red pepper strips and additional minced chives, optional
- Baked pita chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place cream cheese, ricotta cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add eggs; pulse just until combined. Add red peppers, herbs, bacon and garlic; cover and pulse just until blended. Pour filling into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Just before serving, drizzle cheesecake with oil; top with red pepper strips and chives if desired. Serve with pita chips. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews forHerb & Roasted Pepper Cheesecake
"I made this for my mother-in-law's 80th birthday party and it was a big hit. If you do not have the herbs home grown, it can be a bit pricey but worth it."
"While it took a long time and made a lot, it was absolutely delicious. My picky dad even asked about the ingredients...a sure clue he liked it!"
"I have made this appetizer several times and it is always beautiful and SO tasty!! It is definitely a "keeper" . I can actually make it without looking up the recipe. You really need to try!!"
"I had everyone want this recipe. It was delicious."
"Made this twice, did not have the fresh basil the first time was ok but the second time with the basil was amazing. Great for a crowd."
"This savory cheesecake was absolutely delish! I didn't have quite enough of the roasted red peppers (I make my own, and I used 2 whole red peppers) or any of the fresh herbs (bought from the store), but the cheesecake did not lack any flavor despite that. I would definitely make this again. It would be great for a party."