- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups roasted sweet red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Roasted sweet red pepper strips and additional minced chives, optional
- Baked pita chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place cream cheese, ricotta cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add eggs; pulse just until combined. Add red peppers, herbs, bacon and garlic; cover and pulse just until blended. Pour filling into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Just before serving, drizzle cheesecake with oil; top with red pepper strips and chives if desired. Serve with pita chips. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Herb & Roasted Pepper Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I made this for my mother-in-law's 80th birthday party and it was a big hit. If you do not have the herbs home grown, it can be a bit pricey but worth it."
"While it took a long time and made a lot, it was absolutely delicious. My picky dad even asked about the ingredients...a sure clue he liked it!"
"i made this for a potluck and it was the hit of the party. everyone loved. it. most people do not thin k that cheese cake can be savory"
"I have made this appetizer several times and it is always beautiful and SO tasty!! It is definitely a "keeper" . I can actually make it without looking up the recipe. You really need to try!!"
"I had everyone want this recipe. It was delicious."