- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, mix cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard. In another bowl, mix green onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, seasonings and remaining mustard. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into eight thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto the center of four patties; top with remaining patties, pressing edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Herb & Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
"Yuck! My husband didn't ask for a second helping. Too salty and terrible flavor. What a waste of good ground beef."
"These were just okay for us. We prefer the Mushroom Stuffed Cheeseburger recipe instead."
"Best freaking burgers of my life!!!"
"have made em twice and they are a big hit all around thanks"
"Delicious burger! The flavor in this was amazing."
"This was great. My family really liked it. A great take on a classic."
"Really good! I used ground turkey and they turned out great!!"
"We just grilled these hamburgers last night. All 3 boys, my husband and I all want to eat them again! Having so many eating I used ground turkey and ground beef mixed together to make the burgers. Then instead of adding all the spices to the hamburger mixture I just added 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak Spices from McCormick. (if you haven't used this on your steaks, you are really missing out!) The only thing we realized is that we needed bigger buns than just regular hamburger buns! We also did not have them fall apart on the grill but had read the review and were more aware of it. Otherwise, I totally recommend these hamburgers. The little bit of extra work was well worth it."
"These are our favorite burgers!!! This is my mother's recipe and my family requsts this every time I make burgers."
"My husband and I love this recipe. We make this with venison and it makes the burgers are very lean and flavorful. I do not change anything."