Heirloom Tomato Tart Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal, divided
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 small heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Sprinkle a large baking sheet with 1 teaspoon cornmeal.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12-in. circle; transfer to prepared pan. Spritz dough with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cornmeal, pressing cornmeal gently into dough. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Layer with tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Top with goat cheese; garnish with basil if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Heirloom Tomato Tart
Sort By :
Made this also for a party. It was wonderful ! Every one agreed !
Made two tarts for summer party-all disappeared in 10 min -everyone loved it-guests wanted more-no more crusts-so sliced tomatoes in bowels in wedges -dressed same way-served with corn bread fritters-also added a little fresh dill to topping.Yummy and beautiful-thanks so much for recipe.