- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 medium heirloom tomatoes, quartered (about 8 pounds)
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 5-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a stockpot, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, carrot, corn, basil and salt.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are softened, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- In a food processor, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Ladle into bowls; drizzle each with 3/4 teaspoon cream. Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
Originally published as Heirloom Tomato Soup in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p34
Reviews for Heirloom Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2012
Fresh and light tasting