Heirloom Tomato and Grape Bruschetta
I wanted to try something new with bruschetta, so I added red grapes, pistachios, Gorgonzola cheese and French herbs. The little appetizers go over well any time of year.
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- Place pistachios in a food processor; cover and process until
- chopped. Add the cream cheese, Gorgonzola and pepper flakes. Cover
- and process until blended; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and grapes. In another bowl,
- combine the oil, vinegar, herbes de Provence and salt. Pour over
- tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 inches from the
- heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread each with cheese
- mixture. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top