I wanted to try something new with bruschetta, so I added red grapes, pistachios, Gorgonzola cheese and French herbs. The little appetizers go over well any time of year.
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- Place pistachios in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Add the cream cheese, Gorgonzola and pepper flakes. Cover and process until blended; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and grapes. In another bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, herbes de Provence and salt. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread each with cheese mixture. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Heirloom Tomato and Grape Bruschetta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p110
Reviews for Heirloom Tomato and Grape Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review