- 7 large heirloom tomatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, parsley and tarragon
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, zucchini and peppers. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, sugar and salt until blended. Stir in herbs.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Heirloom Tomato & Zucchini Salad
"Delicious! I didn't have heirloom tomatoes so I used the romas from our garden. The leftovers were even better!"
"Fantastic! Gorgeous color and a great side dish to any summer meal. I only used fresh basil since that is what I was growing. Leftovers were good the next day, but I wouldn't save it any longer."
"I didn't have heirloom tomatoes, so I used regular tomatoes. We really liked this. It makes such a pretty salad. Will definitely continue to use this recipe."
"This is very good and perfect if you have some of the ingredients in your garden. I didn't have heirloom tomatoes, so used our Ace tomatoes from the vine and our garden zucchini. Bought some yellow bell peppers and used basil and Italian parsley from garden. Very large recipe so I halved it for my husband and myself. Very pretty and tasty!! Thank you, taste of home."
"Although simple to make, this salad is full of flavor. It would be perfect for a summer potluck or picnic. Next time, I will make this salad with homegrown tomatoes. I think fresh veggies would nicely complement the fresh herbs in this dish."
"Oh yum! What a great way to use vegetables from the garden. I added fresh cucumbers, and chives - delicious!"
"Nice, refreshing summer salad. I used whatever vegetables I had from my garden."
"This easy recipe is perfect for a summer salad. Next time I might throw in a bit of garlic (because I LOVE garlic!), but the flavor was delicious as made exactly according to the recipe. Fresh herbs are essential."