Hedgehog Cookies Recipe
These little treats are as cute as they can be and delicious, too. A lady from my garden club shared this recipe one Christmas, but they're good for any occasion. They're a hit with both kids and grown-ups. -Sandi Pichon, Slidell, Louisiana
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 egg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, dates and brown sugar. Add 1/2 cup coconut and egg; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut.
- 2. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 218 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Hedgehog Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC