Hedgehog Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 egg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, dates and brown sugar. Add 1/2 cup coconut and egg; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut.
- 2. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 218 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Hedgehog Cookies
"This is a great cookie! I choose this recipe because it was similar to one my grandmother made that was a no-bake stove top cookie with rice crispies. Tasted just as good and didn't require standing over the stove and stirring constantly. As with the other reviewer mine was VERY sticky so I simply put all the coconut into the mixture and scooped the cookies with a cookie scoop. Then dropped then on a cookie sheet that was lined with a Silpat. Easy, went together quick. Hardest part was waiting for them to cool so we could eat them!"
"My first time making this and it turned out great. It does get sticky but worth it. I didn't put the extra coconut on, it really doesn't need it."
"Batter did not hold together so that I could shape into balls. When I put them on cooling racks after baking, they fell through the racks. Was something left out of the recipe? Should they have been chilled before trying to shape into balls?"